Chucktown's birthday is on Christmas Eve. Christmas Eve has always been my favorite day of the year, so the fact that my son was born half-way around the world on Christmas Eve is, well, pretty awesome. For both of his birthdays to date, we have been at my sister Shannon's house for Christmas. Both times, Shannon has completely organized all aspects of Charlie's birthday celebration. Well, except for the soju.
This year, Shannon ordered barbeque from our favorite Murfreesboro place, Slick Pig. She also had Charlie's cake made by an acquaintance from work. Last year, his cake was locomotive-themed, and this year it had a farm theme. Thanks, Shannon, for taking care of all of this. We very much appreciate it!!
Charlie waiting on the party. He looks bored, doesn't he?

Chucktown and his sisters

We toasted Charlie's birthmother with soju. Last year, we stopped at H-mart (a Korean grocery store) in Atlanta and bought some soju for his party. It was, well, horrible, but you get what you pay for, and since I spent $2.99 on the entire bottle...you get the picture. This year, I decided I'd splurge on the soju. However, despite rows and rows of sake and American/European wine in the largest H-mart in Atlanta, there were but 3 choices for soju. We went for the most expensive bottle, which was still only $4.99. Waiting in line at the register, I realized I had only Pororo items (Korean version of Mickey Mouse) and a bottle of soju. The difference between $2.99 and $4.99 was surprisingly dramatic. Much better this year.
The Geburtstagstisch (birthday table)
The awesome cake
Super awesome, no?
Charlie liked the cake too!
After cake and presents, we tortured Charlie by
dressing him in his hanbok (a.k.a. Jin-yeong suit, if you're Rose) for pictures

This picture sort of cracks me up. The hat has
pushed his ears down and forward so he
kinda looks like an elf, no? From his recent
toddler behavior, I'd say he is definitely a South
Pole elf...(Will Ferrell, anyone?)
Ok, South Pole elf or not, he's pretty cute here


Just had to add this picture. It pretty much sums
up the effort we went to for the very few "happy Charlie in his hanbok" pics above!

Wish I would have known you were up here in TN. I would have drove down to meet you! Charlie is so CUTE! Love the picture of your girls! Hope you all had a Merry Christmas! :)
ReplyDelete