Thursday, June 2, 2011

Chucktown's First Beach Experience


When we were in Florida in May, Mr. Chucktown had his first experience with sand and beach.

Two things strike me in the sentence I just wrote.

First, although we (obviously) love the name Charlie/Charles, I personally have always strongly disliked the name Chuck (apologies in advance to anyone reading who happens to be named Chuck...however, since no one I don't know reads this blog and no one I know is named Chuck, I am likely safe...). Despite this, I now find myself unable to stop calling him Chuck, Chucktown or, worst of all, Chuckie. I made the mistake of telling the girls why all people my age immediately conjure up images of a red-headed, homicical doll when they hear the name Chuckie. Now every time I say "Chuckie," Lucy says, "Chuckie is an American Girl doll who kills people." (for the record, I told them that Chuckie was the size of an American Girl doll, not that he actually was an American Girl doll...but I digress into my inappropriate parenting style...)

Second, we do indeed live at the beach. And yet, after 7 months home, Charlie had still never been to the beach.

So back to the real point of this post. Here are some pictures of Charlie at the beach.
He loved the sand. He was intrigued by, but not completely sold on, the water. He definitely preferred pool to beach, just like his Mama.








1 comment:

  1. I never really liked "Chuck" either, especially "Chuckie" and yes I picture that redheaded doll they actually made movies with. OMGosh! But your Charles/Charlie/cutepie is much rather pictured when I hear it~! :) ((I prefer pool to beach too, but love walking on the beach at night.))

    ReplyDelete