Six years ago today, I had been on bedrest for several weeks, with crappy blood pressures and crappy fetal growth. Nonetheless, Sheref and I were thrilled because I was 33 weeks pregnant with a twin pregnancy that I as an obstetrician, knowing what I know with the obstetric issues that I have, expected to carry ~28 weeks.
Anyways, those beautiful twins arrived 6 years ago next Sunday. We have many more birthday celebrations planned, but last night was their birthday sleepover. Their very first sleepover. We invited just 3 of their sweet friends. All 5 of them, and Ella too, had a blast. They were loud, but sweet, and (did I already say this?) really really shockingly loud. Sweet, well-behaved, but still, L.O.U.D. Yeah, super loud.
I have many more pictures than this, but posting pics of their friends on a public blog -- yeah, probably not cool.

I put up streamers throughout the house. Rose & Lucy were thrilled!
Yeah, I know. I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- this kid cannot NOT pose. Even with cake in her hair!
Sweet, icing-faced Rosie!
And their cake. One of their friends, EK, has multiple, very bad food allergies. I asked her mom where I could get an "EK-safe" cake, and her mom offered to make the cake. I'm not embarrassed to say I took her up on that offer. The cake was cute, and delicious!

Aww what a special time for the girls. Sounds like they've all had a great time! Happy birthday Lucy and Rose! :)
ReplyDelete