Sunday, October 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Twinks!

For the twins' birthday, I took them to Myrtle Beach for the weekend. They were super excited. In fact, I may have heard "are we almost there?" 50 times during the 2 hour drive.

I foolishly tried to explain that "almost" is a relative term. If anyone knows how to explain the concept of relativity to children, please let me know. Finally, I just gave Sheref's token answer of "yes." [The last time we took a family trip, he told me I should just lie and say "yes" whenever the kids ask "are we almost there?"]


In the car on the way there


The view from our hotel room

Another view from our balcony -- the "crazy river" as Rose & Lucy called it. Lazy river for the rest of us...


On the way to the pool


On our first morning, we went for a walk on the beach. Rose & Lucy collected shells and -- the phrase that comes to mind is "frolicked in the surf." I'm pretty sure I have never written or spoken that phrase before, but that is exactly what they did.


My parents have similar pictures of my sister Shannon and me at Myrtle Beach as children. In particular, the photo below reminds me of going to Myrtle Beach with my family as a child.



At lunch



We went to a local amusement park for the late afternoon and evening. They had a great time riding all the rides and consuming an amazing amount of cotton candy.













On our balcony last night after the amusement park.


We got home around 2pm today, and had a little party this evening. Ella baked and decorated this cake.


The Geburtstagstisch (birthday table)



It's amazing what you can buy at rural South Carolina gas stations. I was able to walk by the display of nails, hunting clothing and fishing bait, but just could not pass up the fireworks.


And now that our street is scorched with the remnants of my SC gas station purchases, to bed for the new 6 year olds!!




Happy Birthday, sweet loves.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post and most of all the pics of those adorable girls! Precious! :)

    ReplyDelete