This question comes out of Rose's mouth quite frequently. We have a fairly large traditional-style red Nutcracker that I got from Dabby (my grandmother). It pretty much stays in a drawer until the holiday season, when it comes out and is displayed on our mantel. A good blogger would have taken a picture of said Nutcracker, uploaded it to the computer, and put it in this post. Yeah, well, that just seems like way too much effort right now. Anyways, Rose always asks if she can play with the Nutcracker. Tonight: "Can I play with the Nutcracker? I want to open his mouth." Umm, no. You may not play with the Nutcracker's mouth.
So you can imagine how excited Rose (and Lucy) were to go see a REAL production of "The Nutcracker." I took the girls to this last year, and they went with their school class this year. I was working, of course, so I couldn't go. Sheref, however, is off with Charlie for 3 months, so he went along and took Charlie with him.
Yeah, this photo is horrible quality and Rose & Lucy look weird. However, Charlie looks pretty cute and it's the only one I have of them getting ready to leave for the theater!
At the theater.
They were so excited to get dressed up and go to the Nutcracker with their school friends. They told us over and over what a great day they had. Cute!
Your kids are ridiculously cute. Seriously - your girls should be models. ALL of them. And Charlie - to die for.
ReplyDeleteKnow what else is to die for? That sweater that Charlie has on. Can I talk you into telling me where it's from? ;)
My MIL has taken Tay to see The Nutcracker in Nashville for 4 years now, she loves it!! She says every year it's a little different. I always love to look at your pictures R! Everyone is always so cute! ;)
ReplyDeleteRachel, I have no idea where the sweater came from. It was a gift. Sheref loves it because it is Univ. of Illinois (where we are from) colors!! Thanks both of you for your comments:)
ReplyDeleteRachel, I was perusing that shoe website you put on your blog (shoes for kids) last night. Charlie has REALLY fat feet (I'm used to my girls' super skinny feet), so I'm a little hesitant to buy shoes online, but those shoes are so super cute (and reasonably priced!).
See Kai Run shoes run wide. Especially the 'smaller' size which is what your Charlie will be wearing (and my Charlie too, but I got the next size up in 'see kai run' style (with the hard soles).
ReplyDeleteMy Charlie's feet is wide going 'up', and not so much going out to the sides. But then again, maybe they are. All I know is that his feet are fat. LOL. And Claire is like your daughters - she has a narrow foot. I bought some See Kai Run shoes for her, and they 'work', but they look really bulky on her feet.
Pedipeds run narrow - so those are great for Claire, and they kinda work for Charlie. Alot of department stores carry See Kai Run so you could always try some on Charlie 'in person' and if you like how they fit, order from the site. I order from the site because they have a bigger selection and you can always find something on sale (and they randomly do free shipping too).
Okay, I just wrote a novel on shoes. I'll shut up now.