You know the movie "A Christmas Story"? About the kid Ralphie who really really, with almost obsessive focus, wants a Red Rider BB gun for Christmas? Well, Lucy's version of the Red Rider BB gun was a Barbie car. This kid really really really wanted a Barbie car. She talked about it ALL.THE.TIME. She reminded us, "Remember what I want for Christmas? Don't forget: I want a Barbie car." She talked about it, she planned how she would play with it. She just really really wanted a Barbie car. Lucy is just so darn cute and funny and sweet. OF COURSE we got her a Barbie car. Actually Santa got her the Barbie car, but we passed on the message to him.
Seeing her Barbie car for the first time early Christmas morning.
Remember how I said she had plans for how she would play with the Barbie car? This is what went on at our house tonight. A few Barbies, a miniature American Girl doll, and, oh yes, that is a horse hanging out the driver's door. Does this look safe to you? Looks like Barbie version of wild and crazy spring break to me...
I couldn't help but wonder what the conversations would have been like if Barbie, her crew and that car were in Toy Story 3 ;)
ReplyDelete