He walked past cars, and a blue bus, and lots of bright lights.
He walked past some sort of temple (? -- I'm sort of making this up, since, as we all know, I wasn't there)

He walked past more bright lights, and past cool young Korean people
Until he came to the Seoul Tower
Sheref and I had both heard and read about the Seoul Tower, and, quite frankly, it sounds pretty cheesy. Now I admit, I'm not exactly the touchy-feely cheesy type, but the Seoul Tower (per what we had heard) is a tower (duh) that people climb to the top of in order to place a lock on the gate, or some part of the tower. Something about hearts, and love, and locks. Also, there is a Teddy Bear Museum at the top of Seoul Tower. Again, I admit, I rank quite a bit lower than average on the touchy-feely meter, but still. Sheref said he felt the same, but thought he should at least check it out. Turns out, he said it was one of his favorite moments in Seoul. He said the Seoul Tower really does have sort of a magical atmosphere, especially lit up at night. I really love the above photo, and looking at it, I can actually imagine how special the moment was (for the record, I still wouldn't have visited the Teddy Bear Museum)

Did you think I was making up the part about the Teddy Bear Museum? Think again.
Cool image of the Seoul Tower

More bright lights. Sheref is no country bumpkin and has been in his fair share of major cities, mind you, but he said Seoul is by far the BRIGHTEST place he has ever been.



Love this post! I can't wait to be there myself. By the way, I'm not so touchy feely either. :)
ReplyDeleteGood to hear!!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures, and I'm not either April, but want to see as much as I can, because I love being able to say, "I've been there!" :)
ReplyDeleteYou kill me - I seriously laughed SO HARD at your description of Seoul Tower.
ReplyDeleteI guess the next time we go to Seoul I'll have to check it out to see if I get the magical feeling (since all I did was shop - LOL).