Thursday, September 30, 2010

What we were doing the day Charlie was born

Since I have no adoption news to report (see yesterday's post, cut and paste to today), I thought I would go backwards and post some things that I would have posted earlier had I started a blog sooner.

This is a photo of what we were up to the day Charlie was born. To be specific, Charlie would have been not quite 24 hours old at the moment this photo was taken. He was born just outside of Seoul on 12-24-09 at around 11 am local time. This photo was taken in Murfreesboro TN on 12-24-09 sometime in the evening. At the moment this photo was taken, we had not yet made our "final" decision to actively pursue adoption. That decision would come just a few days later, however, the same day Charlie was going to live with his foster family, with whom he still lives.

Every adoptive family has a story, or several stories, that the family sees as "signs" their adopted child was meant to be theirs. I never felt that I needed any sort of "sign" to know our child was meant to be ours. Honestly, I just trusted that whichever child we were matched with was meant to be ours, sign or not. And I still feel like calling the timing of Charlie's birth a "sign" is a bit exaggerated, or just a little cheesy, but let's just say that I love the fact that our story of Charlie starts with a day the events of which I can easily recall in great detail and with our decision to adopt just as he was being put up for adoption by his birth mother.


No comments:

Post a Comment