Yes, I did just post "12 Things...at 12 Months" in the quite recent past. However, I posted that on his last day of being 12 months old. Since he is now well into month 13, I say this post is fair game!!
1. He is starting to sleep more reliably in his crib. Not that I mind co-sleeping (I secretly actually kinda like cuddling with him all night), but we get far higher quality sleep with Charlie in HIS OWN BED.
2. He still drools like crazy. See the drool waterfall in the picture above?
3. He has just this week turned a corner as far as his attachment to me goes. I've heard lots of adoptive parents say that their new child preferred one parent over the other at first, to the point of not wanting to be anywhere near the other parent. Charlie was never like that. He has always come to me, never cried or anything like that, but he definitely preferred Sheref. Which is very expected and logical if you know our family dynamic (umm, Sheref = nicer than me:) and the fact that Sheref went to Korea to pick him up, so it has never really bothered me or hurt my feelings. That said, it has been delightful the past week or so that he actively wants me, lights up when he sees me, tries to get my attention, etc.
4. Akin to #3 above, I feel like his sense of humor is really coming out more the past week or so as well. You can tell he is trying to do things to make us laugh, which is both endearing and hysterical.
5. He loves blueberries.
6. He hates raw mushrooms. Yeah, I know, so does every single child in the world. For some reason, Sheref thought Jinjin might be different, so he gave him some last night.
7. He has a cute gap between his front 2 teeth.
8. He has rockin' hair. My plan is to grow it into a spiky sort of modified mohawk (a very toned down mohawk...but spiky on top). This might be a bad plan. We'll see.
9. It's hard for me to imagine when he wasn't part of our family.
10. He still hates all liquids besides milk.
11. Jinjin loves his nightly bath and lotion/baby massage routine.
12. His transition to "school" has been very very smooth. He goes every day from 8-1pm or so while Sheref is at work. He is the only child in the room who doesn't walk (the kids are 12-24 months), but he is already a school superstar! His teacher texts Sheref daily with little updates, which is really sweet of her. They tell us he actually did a little disco dance that made all the kids laugh yesterday when they put music on. I can picture exactly what they mean (if it indeed happened) and he learned it from LUCY.
13. He made us his first "artwork" at school this week -- they let the kids dip grapes in paint and put it on colored construction paper, something I would NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS let a classroom full of 1-2 year olds do, so kudos to them for their bravery and high tolerance of messiness. Charlie's little paint circles are PERFECT. They tell us he made it. Yeah, whatever. Still, it is going in his scrapbook. That is, when I get around to actually making said scrapbook.
Gosh he is so darn cute! Love it! :)
ReplyDeleteI just love his face!
ReplyDelete