For months, I have been getting home from work either after dark or right around dusk. Daylight savings time has given me a new lease on my evenings. And getting home today at 4pm was an extra treat. While Sheref and Ella finished her homework, the rest of us, Willie included, headed to a park close to our house. At the park, I learned several things:
1. Willie is really annoying when another dog is anywhere within his range of vision.
2. Lucy is a hypochondriac. She came running up to me no less than THREE times while at the park to show me her "injuries," 2 of which were apparently microscopic since I couldn't even see them. She kept asking me, "Is it going to heal?"
3. Charlie likes to play with wood chips as much as any other toy he has.
Oh, wait. I already knew all those things...
Here is what I really learned:
My children, contrary to what I have believed for years to be true, are indeed NOT the loudest children on earth. The 3 girls who were at Spinney Park this afternoon are. My kids might still be second...
Anyways, we had a fun time. All the park merriment was followed by a St. Patrick's Day party at our house. Well, that's how I billed it to the girls, at least. Apparently the party fell short of the girls' expectations. As Lucy was finishing her green-themed dinner, she said, "You mean that's IT? That's the whole party?"
Irish lass. Well, at least ~ 1/16th Irish!
Another diluted Irish beauty
Jinjin loved playing on this bouncy thing. He was absolutely delighted when he saw it and just giddy when I set him on it!


Even Willie had fun, or as much fun as one can have while tied to a tree.
Shamrocks for the girls. Only Mamas and leprechauns know the recipe...
Toasting St. Paddy's Day over shepherd's pie and shamrocks.
Love your post, as usual! ;)
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun! I've always wanted to try shepherd's pie. Care to share your recipe?
ReplyDelete