
The past few days, Charlie has been doing something that just melts my heart. Now, I am not the sort of person who generally uses phrases like "melts my heart," but I can't think of a better phrase. So just indulge my cheesiness.
Charlie has been cuddling up to me when I carry him. Like, put his head down just under my shoulder, and snuggling in.
This may not sound like a big deal, but for a baby adopted at nearly a year old, it is a big deal. This is a sign that he is attached to us, that he trusts us.
It hadn't really occurred to me that he wasn't doing this previously. Although all 3 of my girls are snugglers now, I don't recall any of them being cuddlers at this age. I always think of the 1-2 year old set as being on the go, not wanting to be held, but rather wanting down to rip up books, empty the kitchen drawers onto the floor, splash in the dog's water dish, etc. So the fact that Jinjin, active as he is, wants to cuddle...just (ok, say it with me) melts my heart.
Nothing better than a good baby/ toddler snuggle! Love the picture!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, melts a heart! (I'm not that mushy either, but I know what you're talking about!) ;)
ReplyDelete