Friday, October 29, 2010

Boo!


Today is Halloween dress-up day at the girls' schools. Ella's school allows kids to dress up, with the caveat that they have to dress as a book character. Last year she was Laura Ingalls (note that the dress she wore, which was supposed to represent 1870s pioneer fashion, was actually an old dress of mine -- let that be a reflection on my mother's fashion sense, not mine:). But I digress...

Anyways, this year she is Kaya from one of the American Girl books. Originally the outfit was intended to be Sacajawea, and she will still be Sacajawea on Halloween. However, to meet the school requirements, today she is Kaya.








Sweet Rosie is a kitty. She's feeling good in her costume! She is particularly enamored with the giant black bow I put in her hair. You can't see it in the picture, because it is holding her ponytail back, but it is HUGE. Doesn't really fit with the whole feline theme, but she wanted her bow...



















Finally, Miss Lucy is a ballerina. I'm a little worried about the fact that her underwear shows under her leotard. We had a little talk that the tutu must stay on the whole day so she isn't flashing the class her Dora underwear...Lucy had a little moment this morning where she was momentarily concerned that Rose's costume was "cooler" than hers. A little swipe of pink lipstick and a bit of sparkly blue eyeshadow (yes, I do just happen to have sparkly blue eyeshadow in my make-up stash -- don't judge) quickly nipped that in the bud. As you can see in this picture, she is feeling like hot stuff!!



















I am also going to take a moment to revel in the fact that every single item in all 3 costumes was already in our house...

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I. LOVE. IT!!! They are such adorable girls! My daughter's school said they could wear their costumes to school today too, with small restrictions of course, but they can wear anything. I like the fact Ella's school says dress as a book character - neat! Love the post! (had to correct a sentence, got mouse happy!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute girls!!!! LOVE the costumes. They all look great!

    ReplyDelete