Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Oh Happy Day

Ella is ecstatic...














These former cueballs are
the babies of the family no longer...















Baby Charlie is coming home! We had imagined, best case scenario, that Charlie would be home for Halloween. That goal won't quite be realized, but it won't be terribly far off. Sheref will be leaving on Halloween and flying non-stop to Seoul, South Korea. He'll sight-see and feast on Korean food for a few days, and will then meet Charlie and his wonderful foster family on Thursday. I'll drive and meet Sheref and Charlie in Atlanta Saturday evening November 6th, and we'll either drive the 4-5 hours back that night, or if it seems like the better plan, stay in a hotel and drive back Sunday morning.

Besides the obvious giddiness at knowing how soon we'll meet little Jin-yeong, I am having fun imagining my giant 6'8" husband in Korea. While I am probably the exact size of an average Korean woman, Sheref is, umm, not the size of typical Korean. Or a typical, well, person. I'm picturing the constant stares at a ridiculously tall semi-Middle Eastern-looking man in Korea. I'm also envisioning people being very impressed with the fact that he truly loves Korean food, and also with the sheer amount of it he will eat. They will also be impressed with how nice he is, how polite, and how much he loves that little boy he will meet for the first time next Thursday.

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see pictures.... soon? I know it's all crazy and what not when families are home and together...but post a few k? :)Congrats and good luck to Sheref!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOOOO incredibly excited for you!!! Where is Sheref staying? I can't remember the name of the restaurant, but if he goes to the Somerset Palace and ask them where he can get a good 'Bibimbap', they'll direct him to this place in Insadong (about a 5 minute walk from the Somerset) It's REALLY good. If he calls ahead for a reservation he can sit at a normal table, otherwise when he goes in he'll have to sit on the floor ;)

    I can't WAIT to see photos... so Sheref better be taking a TON ;) Oh - and do you have Skype? That was the best thing ever when I was there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is great news! I've been following your blog for awhile. We are currently waiting for our TC. Can I ask which agency you are using? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leah, we're actually even buying a new camera for the occasion (smaller one that fits in his pocket -- we have a pretty large Canon right now). So I will be posting pictures. No way I can live up to Rachel's super-blogging, but I'll try!!

    Jennell, we're with Holt. It has been 4 months from referral to travel. From the Holt people I know of with referrals around our timeline (probably 6-8 families), we're a pretty typical timeline. There have been a few with faster timelines (by around 2 weeks or so) and some who are still waiting, but should get TC soon.

    Rachel, Sheref is staying at the Sheraton Grande, which apparently is fairly far out. It is 30min subway ride to Holt. We got a really great deal though, so can't complain. I will pass on your tip re: the place in Insadong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,
    This is Kim (lylasmommy) from the Holt BB (we brought our DD home this past March). I have been following your blog for a while now, but haven't commented before. I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!! Charlie is such a doll and I'm excited to follow along as Sheref arrives home with your sweet boy. Your girls must be so excited! 6'8" huh? Wow, he IS really going to draw some attention in Korea! Congrats again!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete