Sunday, October 24, 2010

Down by the river

We live on an island. Technically, and also in name/address, we really do. I, as a born and bred "Yankee" (yup, people really call Northerners "Yankees" down here) used to be really impressed by that fact. Now I'm pretty much over it. For those of you non-coastal dwelling people, it is not quite as exotic as it sounds. That said, our "island" neighborhood has quite a few beautiful parks, trails, and quirky little "extras" that give our neighborhood some charm. This picture is of the girls in a public treehouse overlooking the Ashley River, which feeds into the Atlantic in downtown Charleston, about 1/2 mile from this spot.

Confession: as natural, good clean fun-ish as this picture looks, do you know what they are doing here? They are watching some Scoobie Doo movie on Sheref's iphone. Yeah, way to take advantage of our beautiful surroundings, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment