Sunday, January 23, 2011

12 Things about Jin-jin at 12 Months















I've seen this theme (12 things at 12 months, 13 things at 13 months, etc) done on other people's blogs, so yes, I'm stealing the idea. These are the sort of things one forgets as the years go by, so for posterity...

1. He has the cutest "crinkle-nose" smile when he smiles big. I remember this smile from one of the few pictures we had of him prior to meeting him. Every time I see the "crinkle-nose" smile now, I always feel grateful to have him here with us.
2. He looooooves, like freakin' LOVES Puffs. I'm not even going to tell you his record for most Puffs consumed in a single sitting.
3. He clearly got the pediatricians' "Back to Sleep" memo. I have never seen this kid sleep or even lay on his abdomen or side.
4. He loves milk, and won't drink any other liquid.
5. He says "mama" all the time. As far as we can tell, it has no specific meaning. Mama in Korean means food, but he doesn't use it in that context, nor does he use it to refer to me. Nonetheless, it's pretty funny when Sheref tries to prompt Jinjin to say "Dada:" "Say Dada, say Dada..." "Mama."
6. Charlie loves our dog Willie.
7. Charlie loves his Little People toys.
8. Unfortunately, so does Willie.
9. He purposefully drops food off the side of his high chair for Willie. It's both super cute and a little bit annoying!
10. He likes to have his neck tickled. It makes him laugh -- so cute!
11. He loves watching video and looking at pictures of his foster mom, and Sheref's meeting at Holt at which Sheref "got" Charlie. Seeing his foster mom doesn't seem to upset Charlie at all. In fact, he really enjoys it.
12. He is a super awesome kid!

2 comments:

  1. I need to come up with a better line but, I Love this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet. I am so happy that little Jin-Jin is fitting right in to your family and bringing you such joy~

    ReplyDelete