I had a great day today at work and have the weekend off, so I'm overall in a pretty good mood. Still, I'm a little annoyed that we heard no news at all from Korea today, or any day for that matter since August 10th. And I will admit that I'm being bratty about this, but really, I just don't understand why it is difficult to get paperwork done and forwarded on in a timely fashion. I originally typed a bunch of whiny details right here about what exactly isn't getting done in a timely fashion, then thought better of posting lots of tiny little whiny details, so suffice it to say, things aren't going as efficiently as I think they should. I have high standards, but still.
Ok, changing gears, this weekend is "Girls' Weekend" at our house. Sheref is going to SF to a conference, so it is just the girls at home this weekend. Rose and I went to the grocery store tonight and spent (gulp) a lot of money on mainly junk food. Stuff I normally do not buy, do not eat, and do not let my children eat. We will, however, be eating it this weekend! Rose was totally shocked when I kept saying yes to ice cream, cookies and chips. Her initial request when I asked her what she wanted to eat this weekend was "fresh fruit and celery" (seriously?), but she quickly came around when she realized I was open to a much broader definition of "anything you want." Also, pretty much every weekend I have off, I still work -- reading, studying, writing, working on projects. This weekend, for the first time in a really really really long time, I will not be doing any work at all. Pure spending time with the girls, eating crappy food, and being mad about lack of movement on the adoption front (just kidding).
Good for you! That sounds like a great weekend planned! If you're like me, after a weekend of junk food and time off, I'm glad to get back to my working weekday sometimes! ;) Hang in there momma....hopefully we'll hear something very soon! :)
ReplyDeleteI ditto the "ain't got nuttin". We are getting Zoe's room together. Maybe next week will hold good news for both of us! Enjoy your girls' weekend. I'm looking forward to that one day... when I ship the boys off for a fishing trip or something. Hang in there, mama!
ReplyDelete