Thursday, November 11, 2010

Full Disclosure

I am at a medical conference right now. Whenever you give a talk as a medical professional, you always have to sign a disclosure agreement. You also have to verbally mention this disclosure during your talk. The disclosure is intended to reveal any conflicts of interest you may have with any medical products or medications. The point of this is so that if you are predisposed to favor or recommend drug X because you have stock in the company that makes drug X, then at least your listeners are aware of it.

So in the interest of full disclosure regarding our adoption, let me just say that Charlie is a fabulous sleeper.


































Yeah, IN THE DAYTIME, that is.

He does not sleep well, err, much at all, during the night. I am sure most of this is the fact that his poor little body is on Seoul time, which is 13 hours different from EST in the U.S. Some of this poor sleep at night is likely also due to emotional confusion about where he is, who the heck we are (who are these weird white people who talk, smell and look so odd, and keep trying to feed me gross things??), where the heck his beloved foster mother is. Poor guy. And kudos to Sheref, who stays up with him due to my work schedule. Oh, and the fact that I am in Phoenix for 3 days at a conference, which has been scheduled for months, long before we knew the timing of Charlie's arrival. So hats off to my wonderful husband!

1 comment:

  1. Awww... bless your hearts! I love to see babies asleep, so peaceful and quiet. Yep, love "sleeping" babies lol! Hope things get turned around soon, only time can help, so I hear. Congrats again... :)

    ReplyDelete